Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,396 members, 7,850,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:50 PM

NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result (10844 Views)

2013/2014 Commonwealth Scholarship Interview Schedule / 2012 Commonwealth Scholarship Interview In Abuja! Dec 5-9 / Federal Government Scholarship Board Scholarship Interview. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by GlobalCareers: 8:35am On Jun 30, 2014
Hi all, any info on the NDDC 2014 overseas scholarship interview conducted some months ago? Lets continue with this thread.

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by GlobalCareers: 11:28am On Jun 30, 2014
I believe the next stage is the briefing stage. Has anyone received invitation from NDDC for a briefing? Lets make this thread lively. I am expecting invitations this week. Last year, it was during last mnth of june and first week of july.
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
temporarily suspended project
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by GlobalCareers: 11:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
cabaye: temporarily suspended project

why do u say it's temporarily suspended? pls expatiate
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by scientist235: 12:12am On Jul 02, 2014
Please cabaye explain further ,i heard rumours they want to postpone it to next year, i dont want to believe it, for my sake it wont be postponed,by the way it is a rumour.my dear cabaye and co please if you have information share with us
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by Nobody: 1:48am On Jul 02, 2014
money was not allocated for this years scholarships but the matter may have been addressed hopefully. painful news to we scholars.
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by Frangbon: 3:44am On Jul 02, 2014
do you work for them. Pls how genuine is this info?
Govt angry
cabaye: money was not allocated for this years scholarships but the matter may have been addressed hopefully. painful news to we scholars.
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by scientist235: 7:24am On Jul 02, 2014
Dear cabaye Good morning wishing you a great day today,please did you get it from one of the ogas at the top,i find it very amazing for an organisation to call well abled people to write an exam and an interview,promising in less than three weeks we will be called,raising hopes and up till now nothing has been heard as if it is a secret society.please cabaye confirm your source and give more information God bless you, well GOD almighty is on the throne.Anyone with information lets share time is running out
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 02, 2014
the rumour you heard is likely to be true. the 350 million given to Nddc didn't cover the scholarships scheme and so will be left out. we just have to wait and see what happens this month.
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by crazyinlove: 11:27am On Jul 02, 2014
cabaye: the rumour you heard is likely to be true. the 350 million given to Nddc didn't cover the scholarships scheme and so will be left out. we just have to wait and see what happens this month.
Hi Cabaye, am confused here. Am not doubting your news but i just need some clarification. Has the budget been approved by the senate, if yes, how much is it? N322.6 Billion or 350 Million? Please enlighten us more.
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by GlobalCareers: 12:01pm On Jul 02, 2014
cabaye: the rumour you heard is likely to be true. the 350 million given to Nddc didn't cover the scholarships scheme and so will be left out. we just have to wait and see what happens this month.

The budget is not 350 million; it is abt 322 billion. I think NDDC is waiting for the senate to approve it before proceeding with the scholarship process.
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2014
I'm really sorry about the wrong figures..you might be right with your assumption but I got this news last week that the scholarship scheme has been temporarily suspended due to financial reasons.

I am only giving out this information due to the fact that invitations for the briefing were expected to be out last week Monday and yesterday if my timings are accurate.
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by scientist235: 12:52pm On Jul 02, 2014
We with all said ,God is my source.This is a preceding year before eletions,I dont think therewould pla ysuch a gamble,there woud have put their house in order beforecalling us for the exam
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by GlobalCareers: 12:55pm On Jul 02, 2014
cabaye: I'm really sorry about the wrong figures..you might be right with your assumption but I got this news last week that the scholarship scheme has been temporarily suspended due to financial reasons.

I am only giving out this information due to the fact that invitations for the briefing were expected to be out last week Monday and yesterday if my timings are accurate.

What source is the info from? Is it from an insider or the media? Are there hopes of the scholarship project being implemented this year?

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by Frangbon: 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2014
http://www.nassnig.org/nass/news.php?id=584

SENATE HOLDS LAST PLENARY SITTING OF THIRD SESSION OF THE 7TH ASSEMBLY

The Senate has come to the end of its Third Year Session of the Seventh Senate on Thursday, 5 June. The first business of the day was the receipt of Presidential Nominee for screening and confirmation on the Board of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC). If confirmed, the nominee, Mr. Osiriete Peters, is to represent Edo State on the NDDC Board. The screening exercise has been referred to the Senate Committee on Niger Delta Affairs for further legislative work. Other legislative activities carried out in the Red Chamber included the presentation of the following reports: *The Report of the Senate Committee on National Planning, Economic Affairs and Poverty Alleviation on the “Screening of Dr. Casmir Anyanwu (Imo State) and Mr. Ken Kayama (Bayelsa State) for appointment as Members of the Revenue Mobilization, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC)”. The report was laid before the Senate by the Committee Chairman, Sen. Barnabas Gemade. *The Report of the Senate Committee on National Identity Card and National Population on the screening of Alhaji Baba Makau, Alhaji Yusuf Mohammed Anka, Alhaji Abdullahi Abarshir and Alhaji Mohammed Aliyu Gumel for appointment as members of the National Population Commission (NPC), laid before the Senate by Sen. Maina Ma’aji Lawan. Also, the 2014 budget of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) sent to Senate by President Jonathan has been considered and referred to the Senate Committee on Niger Delta Affairs for further legislative input. Similarly, the Senate has received, considered and approved the report of the Conference Committee of both the Senate and the House of Representatives on the harmonization of the National Assembly Service Commission (NASC) Act CAP N7 2004 (Repeal and Re-enactment) Bill 2014, recently passed with differences. The report was presented by Sen. Aloysius Etok and the Senate Leader, Sen. Victor Ndoma-Egba, moved a motion that the Senate should consider the report and was seconded by Sen. Abubakar Sadiq Yar’ Adua. The Upper Legislative Chamber considered the NASC Conference Committee report and the Senate President, Sen. David Mark, put the question on whether the report should be approved and passed or otherwise. The law- makers answered in the affirmative and the bill was passed. The Senate Leader, Sen. Victor Ndoma-Egba, announced the end of the Third Legislative Year of the Seventh Senate and moved for its adjournment until Tuesday, 24 June when the Chamber will reconvene for its fourth and final session of the Seventh Senate.
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by Frangbon: 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2014
Frangbon: http://www.nassnig.org/nass/news.php?id=584

SENATE HOLDS LAST PLENARY SITTING OF THIRD SESSION OF THE 7TH ASSEMBLY

The Senate has come to the end of its Third Year Session of the Seventh Senate on Thursday, 5 June. The first business of the day was the receipt of Presidential Nominee for screening and confirmation on the Board of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC). If confirmed, the nominee, Mr. Osiriete Peters, is to represent Edo State on the NDDC Board. The screening exercise has been referred to the Senate Committee on Niger Delta Affairs for further legislative work. Other legislative activities carried out in the Red Chamber included the presentation of the following reports: *The Report of the Senate Committee on National Planning, Economic Affairs and Poverty Alleviation on the “Screening of Dr. Casmir Anyanwu (Imo State) and Mr. Ken Kayama (Bayelsa State) for appointment as Members of the Revenue Mobilization, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC)”. The report was laid before the Senate by the Committee Chairman, Sen. Barnabas Gemade. *The Report of the Senate Committee on National Identity Card and National Population on the screening of Alhaji Baba Makau, Alhaji Yusuf Mohammed Anka, Alhaji Abdullahi Abarshir and Alhaji Mohammed Aliyu Gumel for appointment as members of the National Population Commission (NPC), laid before the Senate by Sen. Maina Ma’aji Lawan. Also, the 2014 budget of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) sent to Senate by President Jonathan has been considered and referred to the Senate Committee on Niger Delta Affairs for further legislative input. Similarly, the Senate has received, considered and approved the report of the Conference Committee of both the Senate and the House of Representatives on the harmonization of the National Assembly Service Commission (NASC) Act CAP N7 2004 (Repeal and Re-enactment) Bill 2014, recently passed with differences. The report was presented by Sen. Aloysius Etok and the Senate Leader, Sen. Victor Ndoma-Egba, moved a motion that the Senate should consider the report and was seconded by Sen. Abubakar Sadiq Yar’ Adua. The Upper Legislative Chamber considered the NASC Conference Committee report and the Senate President, Sen. David Mark, put the question on whether the report should be approved and passed or otherwise. The law- makers answered in the affirmative and the bill was passed. The Senate Leader, Sen. Victor Ndoma-Egba, announced the end of the Third Legislative Year of the Seventh Senate and moved for its adjournment until Tuesday, 24 June when the Chamber will reconvene for its fourth and final session of the Seventh Senate.

THE NDDC COMMITTEE DETAILS CAN BE FOUND HERE
http://www.nassnig.org/nass/committees.php?id=43
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 02, 2014
from my understanding, Nddc have already received their allotted funds from the federal government but the cause of the delay has been from Nddc. they are deciding or rather have decided whether or not to carry out the scheme.
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by scientist235: 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2014
Dear brother cabaye ,this i good news ,ok they have the money,please u didnt reply my early mail, please is your source from a top oga,they just went to defend a budget i thought it was finance,please reply ,im pleased when i see your reply.
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by scientist235: 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2014
Dear compatriots we should be active on this thread
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by scientist235: 10:43pm On Jul 02, 2014
Cabaye please where are you
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by GlobalCareers: 6:33am On Jul 03, 2014
cabaye: from my understanding, Nddc have already received their allotted funds from the federal government but the cause of the delay has been from Nddc. they are deciding or rather have decided whether or not to carry out the scheme.

You may not want to disclose the source for some good reasons. But is it a direct or indirect source?
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by scientist235: 9:57am On Jul 03, 2014
Cabaye please respond ,be active on the thread ,thank you
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
my sources are direct and very accurate. I decided to contact my source on the last week of June and discovered that the cause delay was from Nddc (temporarily suspended) but for how long is another question for another time.

from my own perspective, another Monday in July is gone which tells us some thing is not going well with Nddc at the moment. my reason is that at this time last year, scholars were talking about the second batch for the briefing which was 13th 2013...my advice to everyone is to wait at least and see what happens on the 14th of this month.
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by csimms7: 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
@cabaye, I don't think you are quite correct. Well since none of us ain't working there and we are only reiterating what we are told, no comments.

Please let's all come together and be on one thread. Visit this thread below. More potential scholars are on there.

https://www.nairaland.com/1792666/nddc-2014-overseas-pg-scholarship
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by scientist235: 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
Cabaye thank you God bless ,please be more active on this forum,i sent a mail to you
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by Benny247(m): 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
@ALL, we should all be hopeful. The budget for 2013 was about 315 billion, this year is 322 billion, which is about 2.1% increment. If they can finance the scholarship scheme with a lesser budget last year, I don't see any reason why they cant this year. #LET-US-PRAY-THEY-APPROVE-IT.
#TeamOptimistic#
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by Benny247(m): 2:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
@ALL, we should all be hopeful. The budget for 2013 was about 315 billion, this year is 322 billion, which is about 2.1% increment. If they can finance the scholarship scheme with a lesser budget last year, I don't see any reason why they cant this year. #LET-US-PRAY-THEY-APPROVE-IT.
#TeamOptimistic#
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by EMMABC1(m): 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2014
The list will be made public on or before 10th July and briefing and award ceremonies immediately start after that. The list has been ready since June 24, but has been going through political 'cleansing' and manipulations. Another dimension to the problem is that NDDC was heavily berated by the senate and the public for leaving over 2000 projects uncompleted during her budget presentation. so, they are considering whether to suspend the scholarship and concentrate on completing the projects. but everytin is being resolved.

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by scientist235: 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2014
Brother Emma God bless you for the information ,the thought of suspending would have been bad.is your source from the inner cell of operation ,thanks
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by GlobalCareers: 4:34pm On Jul 03, 2014
EMMA BC: The list will be made public on or before 10th July and briefing and award ceremonies immediately start after that. The list has been ready since June 24, but has been going through political 'cleansing' and manipulations. Another dimension to the problem is that NDDC was heavily berated by the senate and the public for leaving over 2000 projects uncompleted during her budget presentation. so, they are considering whether to suspend the scholarship and concentrate on completing the projects. but everytin is being resolved.

Many thanks for d info. 10th of July is like a month time to me. I can't wait.
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
EMMA BC: The list will be made public on or before 10th July and briefing and award ceremonies immediately start after that. The list has been ready since June 24, but has been going through political 'cleansing' and manipulations. Another dimension to the problem is that NDDC was heavily berated by the senate and the public for leaving over 2000 projects uncompleted during her budget presentation. so, they are considering whether to suspend the scholarship and concentrate on completing the projects. but everytin is being resolved.

exactly. they are considering suspending the scholarship and focusing on other projects. the problem is for how long will it be suspended?? my reason for saying this is that the manner in which I received the news meant a lot (the scholarship scheme seem to be the least of Nddc problems or it is not in their scale of preference if you look at their budgeting).
Re: NDDC 2014 Overseas PG Scholarship Interview Result by scientist235: 4:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
EMMa BC please reply.Remain active in this forum

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things You Should Consider Before Choosing A University / Share your Examination Memories / 15 Totally Strange Facts That Will Make You Feel Uneasy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.